I am changing the Programme slightly over the next couple of weeks and there are also a couple of additional things for the scouts to do:
- Next Tuesday (12th) we are going to be doing some orienteering in Graves park and therefore we will be doing the camping stove cooking the Tuesday (19th) after.
- We will be meeting and collection will be from the Animal/farm carpark in Graves park; or just on the grass next to it.
- For the camping stove cooking in a couple of Tuesdays the scouts will need camping stoves. Every scout doesn’t need one as they will be cooking in groups. However, if they can borrow one or if they plan to do their Duke of Edinborough at some point then buying a camping stove would be good 🙂 if looked after these can last years and years! We will be asking the scouts again next week if they can definitely bring one for the Tuesday after.
- Next week is the deadline for the Backwoods camp at Silverwood consent forms and payment to be in.
- Denise is leaving as a Leader at the end of this term 🙁 we are all having a party for her on Wednesday 18th July. That week, Scouts will not be held on the Tuesday due to the party. As a present the rest of us leaders thought each 74th Oak Street member could make their own individual card for Denise. These will be handed to her in a specially made Oak Street tote bag. Please can the cards be to me by Tuesday 19th June. This is a surprise! No telling Denise!
The details are in the Programme for this week anyway but below is a clearer itinerary:
- Meet at Go Outdoors (Hill St, Bramall Lane, Sheffield S2 4SZ) at 7pm. Full uniform to be worn.
- The tour finishes at 8pm where we will then walk back to the Scout Hut.
- Collection from the Scout Hut will be at 9pm as normal.
In the tour equipment such as stoves and survival gear will be explained giving you a better understanding of what you will need in backpacking, hill walking and expedition activities!
See you there 🙂
Over the next month we will be doing activities that prepare for the backpacking camp at the end of June (refer to Programme).
All must attend – unless you have a valid reason which must be text to Lucy.
These are vital skills we are learning. And fun 🙂
Andrew will be running this Tuesday 15th with one of his fantastic games.
At the hut. Punctual. Full uniform please.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OFF THE AMENDED PROGRAMME.
THERE ARE NEW DATES FOR THE EXPEDITION TO SILVERWOOD.
Please see our April to July Programme under the Scouts – Programme tab 🙂 download, print off and stick on your fridge! (or wherever is handy…)
This Tuesday we are meeting at the hut to wander up to Cat Lane woods for our annual Easter egg hunt 🙂 Decent boots and neckers to be worn please.
Also, see the District Camp 2018 letter under the ‘Letters’ tab. The District camp consent letter and monies need to be in this Tuesday if you wish to go.
Due to low numbers being able to definitely make it to Scouts over the half term we are back on Tuesday 17th April.
Most likely we are meeting at the hut but if not I will post on here again.