Information for parents
Scouting offers fun, challenge and adventure to nearly 400,000 young people in the UK. We know that young people thrive in safe surroundings. We are therefore committed to ensuring that Scouting is both enjoyable and safe for everyone who takes part.
Child Protection and Safeguarding
- How we keep your child safe in Scouting: Safe and Sound leaflet
- Code that all adults in Scouting follow: Young People First (aka the Yellow Card)
- Here is the Oak Street Child Protection Policy
- Child Protection Officer for 74th Oak Street: Kathryn Wells
- Deputy Child Protection Officer: Nikki Hodkin
- Every adult holds a Yellow Card and has undertaken Safeguarding training.