This week we will be continuing the Creative Challenge Badge by producing our very own Scouting advert. This will be going on the website and on our Facebook page so lets do our best; as we always do!
The programme for this term is now also on here under ‘Programmes’. Please print off and stick it somewhere convenient for you to look at each week. Further details for each week will still be put up here.
This Tuesday it is Otters patrol night. Please have a plan for the night – ‘Be Prepared’. You are running the night. Please ask leaders for any help.
Bonfire night ticket letters will also be going out this week.
- Raffle/tombola prizes for bonfire night. These can be brought down each Tuesday evening we are at the hut before bonfire night. Furthermore, if any parents/ scouts would like to help out on bonfire night please talk to Lucy or Libby, Lynn, Jane and Sarah – our Executive Committee.
- The £6 deposit for The Great Escape Game Generation 1 (See previous post). This is the last chance to pay your deposit so that I can book the 4 rooms for our Christmas celebrations. So far I have had 10 scouts pay and I need the other 18 to pay to make this night a success 🙂
This Tuesday we will be making chicken wire sculptures.
Please bring gardening gloves with you to wear when handling the chicken wire to protect your hands. The better fit these are the easier it will be for you to handle the chicken wire.
For our Christmas celebrations on Tuesday 19th December, I have preliminarily booked 74th into the Avec building of The Great Escape Game. The building has 4 rooms:
– Mad Scientist
See https://thegreatescapegame.co.uk/sheffield/rooms/ for more info.
To make his booking secure we need to pay a deposit of £41.40 per room and as there are 28 of us we need all 4 rooms. I need £6 off each person by Tuesday 26th September 9pm. This deposit will also go towards the final cost of the rooms and 74th will cover that.
2 teams of 4 scouts need to be organised by this Tuesday 19th. It is 1st come, 1st served basis so the first 2 parents to text me with their child’s team will be in the competition this weekend.
The deadline for this will be Tuesday at 10pm.
If I do not hear about teams by then 74th will not be attending the camp.
This Tuesday we will be meeting at Fox House pub car park: Hathersage Rd, Sheffield S11 7TY. Drop off is at 7pm to set off at 7.10pm. Collection will be at the same place at 9pm.
The weather forecast is rain and possible severe gales therefore you will need:
- Walking boots
- Full waterproofs – gaters also if you have them
- An emergency snack
- To be prepared for bad weather with an awareness of the dangers (especially around the cliffs) such as high wind and poor visibility
- Happy smiley faces
Welcome back from the Summer!
We will be down at the hut this Tues so see you there at 7pm 🙂
This Tuesday is the last one before we break up for the Summer holidays – Scouts will start again Tuesday 5th September.
We will be meeting at Fenney Ln, Sheffield S11 9QA just off Ecclesall Road South, A625 at Limb Brook in Whirlow near the entrance to Whirlowbrook Hall and Whinfell Quarry Gardens at 7pm. Collection will be at the same place at 9pm.
You will need:
- A change if clothes/ wetsuit/ swim wear to go in the water including footwear
- A warm layer
- A bag to put it all in
See Fenney Lane on the map:
Scouts is not due on this week due to camp and the tiredness of the leaders 🙂
We will be back on the 11th (at the hut at 7pm – full uniform) for Patrol Leaders night.