For the record: only an adult should purchase matches / lighter. Your complete tinder box must be kept by an adult until when it is needed for an activity at scouts. Never play with matches. This tinder box is a responsible piece of equipment for responsible scouts – only to be used under adult supervision AT SCOUTS. You will need:
- A small tin or tupperware box (mine cost 99p from Poundstretcher)
- A small box of matches (20p) or a disposable lighter (£1) wrapped in plastic (coin bags are good)
- Cotton wool balls, which can be pulled apart and used as tinder (£1, but enough to share between a whole patrol)
- Some dried grasses, dried moss, dried bark / any other natural tinder
- If you want to go old school, pop a fire steel in there as well.
- It might be an idea to label the box with your initials in permanent marker.
See you on Tuesday at Surprise View car park, on the Hathersage Road. Don’t forget to bring all your cooking equipment.
Please bring a couple of litres of water EACH. Midge spray might be advantageous.