PADLEY GORGE – JUDGEMENT DAY
Every scout Vs Every scout
Here’s an article by James, about raft-making/scout lashing practise:
Well, what is he talking about?? Click the photo below to see more.
If anyone else wants to write an article about an activity on a Tuesday night, a camp or anything at all, pass it to me on Tuesday and I’ll post it on the site.
I received this in an email. Not bad at all. Expect More
I can proudly announce that Exec Funding Officer Lucy Melleney has secured £1,811 funding for climbing gear and climbing trips! This is fantastic news and it means we are well on the way to becoming a full-on climbing scout group. Many thanks Lucy.
Well, we’ve had a load of fun recently, but tonight we WORK. We’ve got a lot of muddy wet tents and other kit which needs cleaning, drying out, sorting and packing away. A good scout always looks after his/her kit!
- Bring an old tea towel / towel
- Full uniform
- We’ll supply the warm water, sponges and buckets.
Don’t forget to bring in your Synergise Camp consent forms and monies.
Click Scout > Photos then scroll to the bottom for selected Splashdown 2012 pics.
Click on the pic to see more!
A once in a lifetime opportunity for Oak Street Scouts – see the torch TODAY!
What happens when?
- Meet at the hut at 5:50pm
- We set off on our walk into town at 6pm sharp.
- Get a good spot in town, around the Staples / Decathlon area, 6:30pm approx.
- Olympic procession passes around 7pm, having come through Hunters Bar at 6:40pm.
- Follow procession into town / Barkers Pool.
- Leave town at 7:30pm.
- Arrive back at the hut 8pm.
What do I bring with me?
- Bring a small rucksack to put stuff in
- Bit of food
- A few quid to spend in town (ice-cream maybe?)
- Waterproof coat, just incase.
- Digital camera if you wish
- WEAR YOUR NECKER. I did previously say wear full uniform, but I understand they may still be in the wash from Splashdown.
See you at the hut.